Due to the Inter-Ministry Task Force (IATF-EID) No. 165 Resolution on Coronavirus Infectious Diseases, foreigners who comply with the applicable visa requirements and immigration procedures from April 1, 4th year of the Philippines will be exempted from entry. (EED) is not required and entry into the Philippines is permitted.

1. Target person

  • Travelers in countries that require a visa or are not eligible for non-visa (no visa) entry
  • Travelers who wish to stay longer than they can stay without a visa in a visa-exempt country or wish to change their visa after entering the country
  • Please refer to the link below for the target nationality. Visa-Free Entry for Temporary Visits )
  • Travelers using the Balikbayan Program ( Balikbayan Program )

2. Requirements

The requirements for foreign nationals entering the Philippines are as follows.

  • If you are not a visa-exempt country traveler, you must have a visa suitable for entry ( see number 10 for the documents and procedures required to apply for a visa ) .
  • Vaccination has been completed. However, minor children under the age of 12 traveling with foreign parents who have been vaccinated are excluded.
  • Bring a vaccination certificate approved by the IATF (this applies to Japan)
  • Submit a negative certificate for RT-PCR tests performed within 48 hours of departure from the country of departure / port of departure, or a negative certificate for antigen tests performed at a medical institution within 24 hours. Excludes transit travelers who have not left the airport premises or are not permitted to enter other countries.
  • Valid round trip or ticket to a third country
  • Passport valid for 6 months or more upon arrival in the Philippines
    • Visa-exempt countries (Administrative Ordinance No. 408) -Valid round-trip or third-country tickets departing within 30 days of arrival in the Philippines (some countries are allowed to stay without a visa)
    • Countries that require a visa-a valid round-trip or third-country ticket to leave within the longest permitted period of stay
  • Before arriving in the Philippines, take out travel insurance from an insurance company to cover the cost of treating new coronavirus infections. The minimum amount of compensation during your stay in the Philippines is US $ 35,000.


  • The following people are exempt from taking out travel insurance and presenting their return ticket .
    1. Filipino spouse, children
    2. Former Filipino national who has been granted Balik Bayan privileges under Republic Act 9174. Also includes her spouse and children.
    3. Foreign nationals with immigrant, nonimmigrant visas, or special visas issued by the Philippine Immigration Bureau or the Philippine government agency in their jurisdiction, excluding 9a visa holders
  • Foreign nationals who do not fully comply with the above requirements will be denied entry and will be subject to deportation procedures from the Philippines.

  • All travelers, along with Filipino and foreign nationals, are required to register for a One HealthPass (OHP) * within 3 days prior to departure *. OHP registration is free. Please register from this link.

3.9a I have both a 9a visa and an immigration exemption document. Do I have to comply with all of the above requirements?

  • Yes. Please comply with the above requirements. However, you do not need to submit a travel insurance certificate and a return ticket.

4. Who is the person who completed the vaccination?

Those who have completed vaccination are as follows.

  • If two vaccinations are completed in the country / place of departure before departure, 14 days have passed since the second vaccination, or if one vaccination is completed, 14 days or more have passed since the vaccination. Who did
  • Vaccines receiving any of the following vaccines a) Vaccines on the
    Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) list or with a Special Humanitarian Authorization (CSP) issued by the Philippine Food and Drug Administration
    b) World Health Organization (WHO) ) Vaccines on the emergency use list

5. What is the vaccination certificate that allows entry?

The vaccination certificate that allows entry is as follows.

  • "International Certificate of Vaccines or Preventive Drugs" (ICVP) issued by the World Health Organization (WHO)
  • "Philippines Vaccine Certificate (VaxCertPH)" issued by the Ministry of Health of the Philippines
  • Vaccine Digital Certificates of Foreign Governments Approved by VaxCert PH under Mutual Arrangement, Unless Approved by IATF

Note: The New Corona Infectious Diseases Vaccine Certificate (paper, digital) issued by the Government of Japan
is recognized by the Government of the Philippines as valid.

6. What are the procedures for entering the Philippines?

7. I am eligible for a visa-free stay. If I stay longer than 30 days without a visa, do I need to get a short stay visa (9a visa) before leaving for the Philippines?

  • There are two options.
    Option 1
    After entering the country without a visa according to the requirements described above, apply directly to the Immigration Bureau for extension of stay during your stay in the Philippines. (Refer to No. 13)
    Option 2
    Apply for a 9a visa at the Philippine Embassy. (See No. 10)

8. Is it possible to enter the country without a visa and change to another visa during my stay in the Philippines?

  • Yes. You can apply directly at the Philippine Immigration Bureau. (See No. 13)

9. I am not a nationality of a visa exempt country. Do I need to apply for a visa?

  • Yes. You need to apply for a visa before leaving Japan. You are eligible to receive a visa and are required to submit the necessary documents to apply for a visa.

10. What are the required documents and procedures for applying for a visa?

11. I have not completed vaccination. Can I enter the Philippines?

  • From February 10, 4th year of Reiwa, foreign nationals who have not been vaccinated will not be admitted to Japan. The only exceptions to this requirement are that all passengers must complete vaccination and prove vaccination status before they can appear on planes and vessels bound for the Philippines.
  • Children under 12 years old
  • Diplomats and their dependents (9 (e) visa holders)

12. What kind of travel insurance should I buy?

  • Take out travel insurance with a minimum of US $ 35,000 for treatments related to new coronavirus infections, including travel insurance applied online. Travel insurance policies are in English or please attach an English translation. For other travel insurance questions, please contact the Philippine Immigration Bureau directly. (See No. 13)

13. If you have any questions about immigration, please contact the Philippine Immigration Bureau (BOI) directly.

Telephone Numbers – (02) 8465-2400 / (02) 8524-3769
Website –
Facebook – / officialbureauofimmigration
Twitter – immigrationPh
Instagram – immigPh
Email – This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. .ph
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

14. If you have any questions about PCR testing and vaccines, please contact the Philippine Quarantine Authority (BOQ) directly.

Department of Health (DOH) Call Center
Department of Health Central Office
Bldg. 9 San Lazaro Compound, Sta. Cruz, Manila
Telephone Number: (02) 8651-7800 local 5003-5005 or (02) 5318-7500
DOH Call Center text: 0918-8888364
Email Address: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. OR This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.